Chino Valley Democratic Club minutes Sep. 11, 2017
- Meeting called to order at 7:03 PM
- Introduction of Guest Speakers
- Vincent Hannerty from “Friends of Josh Newman”
Candidate Andrew Thorburn for CD 39
- Agenda moved to be accepted by Mary Ann, Voted and Accepted by members present Minutes of Aug. Meeting at Amigos Restaurant
Meeting Agenda moved to be accepted by Rodney Voted and accepted by the members present
- Treasurers Report read by Joe Diaz, Lou Alfonso Treas. absent
- Beginning Bal 7-31 $1,579.16
- Ending Bal. 8/31 $1,725,16 Moved and Seconded to accept Treas. Report as Read. Gabe and 2nd Doreen Voted and passed by members present
- Candidate Andrew Thorburn spoke regarding his candidacy for CD 39 opposing Congressman Ed Royce
- Vincent Hannerty spoke regarding the recall of Josh Newman Ca State Senator facing a recall vote. He explained volunteer opportunities available to help Sen. Newman fight the recall
- Chair Report on Gender ID Restrooms regarding Trumps proclamation. Gender ID Restroom law in CA provide for using the gender that the person using the Rest Room the user identifies with.
- It is time to re-visit the Chaffey Community College “Voter Registration” at the Chino Satellite Campus. Sign-up sheet for volunteers at sign-in table for Sept. and Oct. dates.
- Los Angeles County Fair Democrat Booth Volunteer sign-up sheets for Sept. at the Sign-In Table.
- Clean Money for CA in political Contributions AB249 has passed the CA Assembly
- TriCounties Democratic Club Annual Dinner Sat. Oct 8th at The Brea Mall Hotel 5 pm
- Vice Chair Gallagher mentioned a Build the Bench Workshop for Prospective Political Candidates to be held Sept 9th and every 2 months for prospective candidates in Nov. Jan. Mar. May Jul Sep
- Dec. 29-17 The San Bernardino Democrats will be holding a Fund Raiser Event, detail at a later meeting.
- The Tres Hermanos organization continues the effort to preserve the Open Area which lies in San Bernardino, Los Angeles , and Orange counties.
- Member Mary Ann spoke regarding the Sierra Club activities in the San Bernardino County SB100 Clean Energy, SB 2627 Climate -Impact of environmentally clean productsAB 1,000District Water to Orange County
Mary Ann Moved to Adjourn the meeting at 8:30 PM Seconded by Marian Arguello